Senior Cost Accountant
Kent, IL 61044 US
Position Overview: Join this organization as a Senior Cost Accountant and embark on a rewarding career path with a clear growth trajectory. The Senior Cost Accountant position is a pivotal role with a potential growth plan into a Controller role for the right candidate. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will serve as the Finance and Accounting Leader and Finance Business Partner for the Plant Manager. This role is crucial in driving financial accountability, cost efficiency, and strategic decision-making within the plant.
- Month-End Close Activities
Cost Analysis & Savings
Master Data Management
Plant Reporting and Performance Management
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2-3 years of experience in manufacturing finance or Public Accounting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cost accounting principles in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred).
- Advanced skills in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Leadership and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Excellent communicator at all staff and management levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Process innovator with the ability to create, reinvent, or formalize processes.
- Fluent oral and written English is required; Spanish is a plus.
Meet Your Recruiter
Year Started: 2011
I wanted to be a physical therapist when I grew up.
“My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness.” – Maya Angelou
What do you enjoy most about your work?
It’s so rewarding to meet great people and match them up with our clients’ needs!