Loves Park, IL 61111 US
- Create and execute 3 year site strategic capital plan, ensuring an acceptable return on investment, replacement of worn or obsolete equipment, expansion of capacity to meet sales growth, equipment modification or replacement related to packaging changes or cost reduction, as well as development of expanded productive capacity for innovations and new products.
- Execute capital changes needed to achieve sustainability goals around utilities, water, power, and solid waste.
- Oversee capital project activities for the plant including defining scope and cost, securing funding approval, developing project plans, documenting and managing projects and budget through implementation and review, and reporting on progress toward business objectives.
- Prepare and manage investment approval forms activities for the plant while delivering annual capital budget.
- Provide operational and financial analysis required for capital project justifications.
- Develop and provide engineering analysis and recommendations, technical drawings, and equipment layouts.
- Coordinate selection, design and layout of processing equipment, packaging machinery, and control systems to ensure efficiency and reliability.
- Align with global engineering and incremental projects and provide updates to NA Supply Chain Leadership and Global Engineering teams.
- Support plant continuous improvement initiatives by initiating design changes and modifications to improve process reliability, meet cost reduction goals and reduce dependencies on manual labor on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure compliance with established plant safety, quality & food safety rules, policies, and processes.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering required. MBA preferred.
- 4-6 years demonstrated experience in process or production environment.
- 3-5 years experience with machine/part design to develop mechanisms or equipment for improving production efficiency.
- Technical System Analysis and Understanding.
- Familiarity with OSHA Regulations, Familiarity with FDA Regulations, and Presentation & Documentation Skills.
- Process equipment knowledge, including background in dosing, mixing, filling, and conveying of powders and liquid ingredients. Ability to develop capital justification for process and end of line packaging equipment.
- Solid background in lean manufacturing or Six Sigma improvement programs, with a proven track record of leading teams in improvement or quality projects.
- Working knowledge of plant engineering processes, including steam generation, sewage treatment, HVAC and power transmission. Must understand manufacturing methods and procedures, preventive maintenance program, and process improvement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint), and drafting / design software (ACAD/3D software).
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, for troubleshooting / problem solving, coaching and training other production team members.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment: exposure to heavy machinery, dust, and machining processes.
Meet Your Recruiter
Year Started: 2020
I wanted to be an elementary school art teacher when I grew up.
“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Theresa
What do you enjoy most about your work?
I enjoy matching the right people with the best opportunities.