Electrical Maintenance Technician
Cherry Valley, IL 61016 US
Essential Duties and Responsibilities • Safely inspects large two door control cabinets while power is on utilizing electrical prints.
• Read and provide timely replies to supplier and intercompany emails.
• Compile data, create job folders and use the collected data to process orders accurately.
• Maintain all required ISO forms pertaining to Quality Control
• Ensure proper cross-reference sales orders and spec sheets while processing orders.
• Perform inspection of new parts, program new parts, assure matching quantities based off bill of material and create packing slip.
• Work with engineering, production control, project management, and production to resolve issues.
• Adheres to company policies and procedures in regard to safety, attendance and tardiness.
• Up to 10% travel to customer sites for troubleshooting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities• Possess strong attention to detail, accurately maintaining records and files.
• Ability to read, understand, and use electrical prints for equipment repair.
• Ability to read mechanical blueprints.
• Ability to use a voltmeter.
• Ability to use program VFD’ s and connect to PLC’ s using a laptop.
• Ability to troubleshoot industrial equipment in a broke-down environment.
• Possess strong math skills including ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
• Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to safely and confidently work with 480/120-volt AC & 24-volt DC.
• Possess strong computer skills including MS Office
Education and Experience• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Advanced education or related technical training beyond high school is strongly preferred.
• Prior experience working with and troubleshooting electrical systems is required.
• Prior experience working in industrial maintenance capacity strongly desired.
Physical/Visual/Mental/ Environmental FactorsThe demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Regularly required to sit and use hands and finger dexterity.
2. Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach with hands and arms.
3. Required to climb ladders as well as climb on top of machinery with use of a harness.
4. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
5. Regularly requires close vision, hearing and talking.
6. Regularly exposed to loud noise level
7. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
For more details, please call Melissa @ 815-601-3723
Meet Your Recruiter
Year Started: 2020
I wanted to be an elementary school art teacher when I grew up.
“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Theresa
What do you enjoy most about your work?
I enjoy matching the right people with the best opportunities.