Building Maintenance Assistant-Part time
Galena, IL 61036 US
The Building Maintenance Assistant will work Part Time; working approximately 3 days a week, 7:30am-4pm, Hours may flex
Wage depends on experience-$17-$19 per hour
Building Maintenance Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs general repair and maintenance of plumbing systems by performing work including rough piping for domestic water and sanitary sewer, repair/replacement/installation of plumbing fixtures such as sinks and bathtubs, installation of valves for shower, kitchen, and bath, replacing washers, mending burst pipes, repairing leaks, opening clogged drains, and performing other appropriate repairs/installations to meet or exceed housing quality standards.
- Performs carpentry repairs/replacements to damaged walls, roofs, woodwork, floors, gutters and downspouts, doors, door knobs, fences, gates, windows, doorbell, peepholes, door and window screens.
- Makes appropriate repairs and adjustments to various appliances and equipment (e.g., furnaces, dishwashers, stoves, water heaters, refrigerators, electric motors, smoke detectors, etc.) and replaces appliances and equipment when necessary.
- Performs installation and repair of electrical lighting systems, fuses, and other minor electrical repairs.
- Performs cleaning and minor repairs on HVAC systems in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Prefer High School graduate (or GED) or possess a vocational technician certification beyond high school and two (2) years of experience and/or training in building construction or maintenance, or repair or maintenance of mechanical equipment or a combination of education and experience sufficient to effectively perform essential job duties.
- Good knowledge of techniques, methods, materials, and equipment used in plumbing, carpentry, electrical repairs; and in the repair of household appliances, and heating systems.
- Valid Driver’s license required